Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kickin’ It With David - Blog Entry #6

KICKIN' IT WITH DAVID


What's up everyone? I'm writing to you today from my living room where I'm preparing to have some of the guys over for dinner as we watch the Canadian National team take on St.Kitts for World Cup Qualifying. It's almost time for kick off and the guys should be getting here very soon so let me start telling you about my week.

This week was the most challenging I think I've ever had while being apart of F.C. Edmonton. For the first time in club history (I think), a goalkeeper coach was brought in to train us. If you're a goalkeeper reading this blog entry, you can relate and understand the importance of a coach whose sole purpose is to help you develop. Having a coach who concentrates on creating drills and exercises specific to the position is mandatory in order to get the best out of your goalkeeper. like I told you, I felt challenged and because I was able to push myself I felt I was improving as I kept training. The fact that the club is investing effort towards my development and the development of the other goalkeepers, it makes me happy and shows their support and belief in us. I look forward to having a goalkeeper coach around all year!

Antonio (Rago), Kyle (Porter) and I went to the Farm Fair Rodeo on Tuesday, yeah I said it, the ro-de-o! Like horses and other animals and people screaming "YEEEE HAWWW". At least that was my initial thought of what it would be like. I've never been to an event like a rodeo so I had no idea what to expect. At first we got to the Expo Centre and had dinner with people who were directly involved in the festivities as well as a group of Mexican farmers who were in town to experience the difference in agriculture here in Canada. We then signed a few autographs and greeted people, as they passed us before they made their way to the rodeo. We were right behind them and eager to see what the Farm Fair is all about. It was honestly a good time as we watched teams from all over the country compete in different events to win a spot in Saturday's Final at Rexall Place. In one event we saw horseman rope cattle and try and get them on the ground in order to (pretend) brand them. We got it on camera so be sure to check it out.

Some progress was made on the projects I mentioned in my past blog entries. The video project kyle and I were part of is soon to come out and is looking great so far. The charity I've been working on is coming along and I'm very excited to be get it officially started and out in the community helping others.

Before I go I'd like to leave you with something I felt was real nice to be apart of. Today November 11, 2011 at 11 a.m. the team gathered at centre field and we had a moment of silence, a moment of silence well deserved for the people who fought for our freedom. Lest We Forget.

KICK IT WITH YOU NEXT TIME.....

@davidamonsalve

No comments:

Post a Comment