Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kickin’ It With David - Blog Entry #4

TIME TO GET DOWN TO BUSINESS

Another week has passed, wrapping up the end of my time off. Its always the case that the last week I'm home before I go back to where I play is always the busiest and this week was no exception. Like I've mentioned in my past entries, I've been working on a few projects and this week has been all about organizing my ideas and working towards getting those projects started. This week, along with Kyle Porter, we shot a video of ourselves. A sort of "day in the life of", something we thought could be fun to show the supporters what a day in our lives could be like. The video is a fun visual of what we do, it gets personal and was a lot of fun to be a part of.

Another project I'm looking to start is a charity. Ever since I started my career professionally I've always been happy and willing to work towards helping others. This year I'm hoping to get an organization together in order to give back to our community. I'm not exactly sure what the charity is going to focus on exactly, but I am sure I want it to be soccer related. With the help and support of FC Edmonton, together I'd like to make a difference in other's lives by helping them one way or another. You all know that I'm always replying to your messages and tweets on Twitter so please feel free to throw some ideas my way. If you have a favourite charity or have any stories to share with me about times you've been apart of a foundation or organization that gave back I'd like to hear it. The stories I get from everyone will be mentioned in my next blog and the person will be invited to a meeting we'll be holding at a future date in order to continue to help us. This I hope sparks interest and helps me get this idea off the ground.

Im looking forward to getting back on the field and working towards next year's goals. With that being said I'm left with a bitter sweet feeling, it's always nice being home but never fun when I'm not playing. I'm packing up, I'm running around taking care of things, saying bye to friends and family all before I get back to YEG for the rest of the year. Let's see what this season has in store for us. It's been very fun but it's time to get down to business.

Make sure to check out my Twitter for updates on everything I talk about on my blog and other things that don't make it to the blog. Be sure to support all of FC Edmonton by following the guys on the team.

@fcedmontonnow, @kyleporter19, @KyleYamada10, @KylePorter19, @6Saiko, @DoctorDre5, @antoniorago24, @MCox19, @phamilton88, @chriskooy20, @_shawnchin, @NikoSaler12

Kick it with you next time....
@davidamonsalve

No comments:

Post a Comment